Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New McLeod clutch is sweet!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New McLeod clutch is sweet!

I saw a lot of polls for clutches [b]ut none of them listed McLeod. If you're looking for a clutch, I'm really happy with my new McLeod. I could tell right away that it was not a stock clutch from the stiffer feel, but I don't even notice it now, so I guess it wasn't that big a difference.

I've treated her right for 250 miles, and it's feeling silky smooth again. I couldn't resist the temptation to test her out once with a 2000 rpm launch on g-force street tires: 1st and 2nd totally spinning, still spinning but started to hook in third with some fish tailing, and finally hooked up good after chirping 4th. This clutch holds great, and I'm going to need some DRs soon!

Now we'll see how long she lasts; I'm going to baby her again for another 250 miles, and then get the g-force DRs.

Last edited by FUN LS1; 03-28-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

glad to hear your happy with the clutch. i got the same one, twin disc, and so far im loving it. ive got 308 miles on it and there is no chatter and engagement is shorter than stock. definately stiffer but right around 200 miles it loosened up some and is not noticable at all. havnt ripped into it yet but i think im going to need a T56 rebuild, third gear pops out into neautral. i have to hold it into place when driving. when i hit 500 miles i'll let you know what i think. everyone that has the twin disc loves it, thats what made me want to get it, plus i need something that is going to handle some gas!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:15 AM
11 Second Club

Congrats, bought a Mcleod Twin 2 weeks back w/alum flywheel, and now I'm regretting it, should have chose the steel flywheel based on goals with the car
Old 03-28-2006, 01:32 AM
TECH Resident

i went with the steel, almost chose the aluminum for weight savings.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the predator
glad to hear your happy with the clutch. i got the same one, twin disc, and so far im loving it. ive got 308 miles on it and there is no chatter and engagement is shorter than stock. definately stiffer but right around 200 miles it loosened up some and is not noticable at all. havnt ripped into it yet but i think im going to need a T56 rebuild, third gear pops out into neautral. i have to hold it into place when driving. when i hit 500 miles i'll let you know what i think. everyone that has the twin disc loves it, thats what made me want to get it, plus i need something that is going to handle some gas!
Cool. My T/A is the same color as yours. I don't see it that often on the street. Mine's a rag top, though, so it has the regular spoiler.

I definitely wanted the steel flywheel for traffic in No. VA...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:31 PM
wrencher

Had a twin in the car for over a year. Happy, street & lots of slick passes on it, still holds great. Have had the trans out recently, upon inspection, looks great. Still had a good floater plate clearance.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

great info wrencher, thanks for the post!

Quick Reply: New McLeod clutch is sweet!