Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Late shift

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Late shift

There is a problem with one of my friends T-56 trannys and Im hoping that you all will be of some good advice.

A month ago my friend bought a z28 while test driving it with the previous owner 4th gear didnt grind going in test drive turned out all right fastfoward to a week later while racing another one of my friends he shifted to 4th and heard a massive grinding noise let off the throttle and later that night dropped the tranny. Tran was repaired now goes into 4th pretty smoothly however when me or him shift it takes about 2 secs to actually get into gear. Thought there would be air in the system so it was bled it helped lower the shift to about 1 sec tran was dropped again and slave cylinder was replaced but still shifts the same as ever.
Is there something I overlooked? tran was bled again after new slave was put on. thnx for any help.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it do it at all RPMs or is it just high RPM shifts? When the trans was repaired what did they fix?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happens at all RPMs tranny was fixed for the grinding into 4th gear at high rpms

Quick Reply: Late shift