Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Funny Clutch Feel - anyone wanna post a clutch sticky?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Clutch Feel - anyone wanna post a clutch sticky?

Hey everyone.

I played with a Stage 2 SRT-4 running 18.5lbs of boost tonight, and was currious about the way my tranny was acting.

after acouple pulls redlining, shifting, and getting up to about 120:

1. with the clutch all the way down, it didn't seam to want to pull out of 4th gear. once out it seamed to work.

2. normaly it's engaguement is between 10% down and 60% down, but: the engaguement range seamed to move all the way down the peddel.

The car has 54k on the ticker. I don't know how it was driven before me, but mechanically there are no signs of extreme driving.

Any ideas? where should I start? This is my first t56

also, perhaps if someone who knows more about clutches them me could post a stickie about what to look for when your clutch is going out... I tried to search for several combos using the word Clutch and Out, and found so little, hence the post.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Banned

have had the same problem seems like your clutch is going out, ppl might tell u its your hydauilcs but its probably not ive repalced mine and it still didnt fix it i even edid the drill mod so now im just goin to give in and get a new clutch and it should do the trick and i am about due for one as well to i have 58k miles
Old 04-17-2006, 07:14 AM
Staging Lane

I went to drive it to work this morning, and didn't because:

even sitting there with the engine off or on:

It was very difficult to get out of 4th gear
and
When the shifter was in R, it wasn't "all the way in" R. I had to push it further then I normally would.

still sound like the clutch?
Old 04-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Buller... Buller?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Okay, I drove the car a little yesterday. The Synchro for 3/4 is out, it pops out of 3rd unless your holding it.

Would the assumption of "I shouldn't drive the car with a bad synchro because of possible metal shavings in the tranny" be correct?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If its doing it with the car turned off then Id guess more along the lines of a tranny problem. The clutch isnt being used when there is no power running through the car. Might be internals.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Sorry man, sounds similiar to the problem I had back in January. Here's my thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/448069-m6-got-stuck-4th-need-help-asap.html

It did turn out to be the keys that went. I just had mine re-built and should be getting it back fairly soon. It wiped out 3rd gear and damaged 5th. I could get it into 3rd at points but it felt funky trying to get it out.

I hope it's not as bad as mine was, good luck.

Quick Reply: Funny Clutch Feel - anyone wanna post a clutch sticky?