Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just sent my T-56 to T56-Rebuilds. Now I have a Master and Slave question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just sent my T-56 to T56-Rebuilds. Now I have a Master and Slave question.

Hey guys/gals. I just sent off my tranny to Joe and Amber for some TLC. My buddy and I pulled out the tranny in an hour and a half yesterday, I was pretty amazed because it was the first time for both of us. Anyway, we also installed new pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate and the bell housing is back on waiting to receive the tranny.

Ok the question: While T-56-Rebuilds has the tranny, I want to install a new master and slave, which I have, but want to know if there is a way to completely bleed all the hydraulics while just having the slave dangle there ready for the tranny to go back in?

In my mind (And I hope all of you will correct me if I'm wrong) here is what I want to do.

1. Install new master & slave and have everything setup normally (reservoir in place, hydraulic line to new slave, etc etc.)

2. What I want to do is, crack open the bleeder on the slave while it's still just hanging by the hydraulic line, and submerge the end of the bleeder in a container of brand new Dot3 fluid.

Could I then slowly use my mityvac in the reservoir inlet hole to siphon up the Dot3 fluid up through the slave bleeder and slowly fill up the whole hydraulic system?

Wouldn't this be the very best way to ensure all the air is forced out from the rising fluid below?

Please guys, if anyone sees anything potentially wrong with this method, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Keys
Old 05-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good question, and I'd like to know as well...
Old 05-01-2006, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

And, I read somewhere that around 10-12 Hg is safe load on the mityvac for this hydraulic system. Something about more vacuum may damage the inner seals or something. Any truth to this? I guess I'll try this method. It might be wise to bench bleed the master before i do the install. I'll give this a go probably tomorrow if the weather holds up, but I won't have any results until I get the tranny back from T-56-Rebuilds obviously.

But still guys, feel free to give a shout if any of you foresee a problem with this. - Thanks.

Keys
Old 05-01-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is basically what I did and it worked like a charm. Only difference is instead of submerging it in fluid I used a piece of tubing submerged in fluid, but it would work the same.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

That is GREAT News!! Thanks! Cant wait to get started on it.

Keys

Quick Reply: Just sent my T-56 to T56-Rebuilds. Now I have a Master and Slave question.