Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Centerforce guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 05:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Centerforce guys

How do ya think this will hold my setup in sig?
And When you all installed your clutch did you put a shim on your slave?
I still have the shim from spec on my car right now with a ls6 clutch...and it seems to be fine...i just wonder how it will be with this clutch and a resurfaced flywheel.
Also do any of yall have problems power shifting at all with it ?
thanks guys.
-Chris
Old 05-02-2006, 05:17 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You will find that most people shim. I didn't shim my clutch, and it doesnt really seem to matter too much. I have an adjustable master cylinder that helps out a little bit too.
I think that the Dual Friction should hold up to it. Are you dead set on the Centerforce? Be sure to check out Ram and Spec too just for comparing sake. I think that you will be laying down right around 520ish on the hose and around 420 N/A. I believe that it will hold up for you.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
You will find that most people shim. I didn't shim my clutch, and it doesnt really seem to matter too much. I have an adjustable master cylinder that helps out a little bit too.
I think that the Dual Friction should hold up to it. Are you dead set on the Centerforce? Be sure to check out Ram and Spec too just for comparing sake. I think that you will be laying down right around 520ish on the hose and around 420 N/A. I believe that it will hold up for you.
Well ****..i have gone threw two spec 3's...the last one had only 700 ish miles, and i ended up selling it to put the car back to stock and get rid of it...but i ended up keeping the car and now i have a stock clutch in it.
So then a friend had this brand new and gave it to me for $150. i couldnt pass that up... thats why i have a centerforce. lol
I believe i will be making quite a bit more hp/tq than your guestimate as well i'm sure
I
Old 05-03-2006, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

make sure the centerforce have is a 12" and not the old 11" design....
Old 05-03-2006, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

If it is the 11" centerforce, you will be highly disappointed and in need of a new clutch with the power you'll be making. The way you described your Spec 3 is what you should expect with centerforce.