Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Got it in... now this!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 04:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got it in... now this!

Well I finally got the trans in. Bled the slave, rechecked the line up with the PP and the pilot and still had a lil under a half inch to get the trans in so I finally did what everyone said and put the bolts in and just tightened her up. Went in kind of easy I think one of the sowels were a little off. Started her up and sounds and acts fine.

This is the problem. I did the Mity Vac and barely had any bubbles, just little hard to see small ones. Bled from the bottom also and the pedal was fine. When I pushed the clutch in to start the car it started but the clutch only came half way up. I pushed it again and it has been fine since.

Its a Textralia and i got a new pilot, flywheel and slave also. Any clues fellas???

thanks
Old 05-05-2006, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Did you exceed 10-12 Hg on the mityvac? I "heard" the mityvac can "reverse" seals in the master cylinder if too much vacuum is used. Also, did you use a new master and slave? And lastly, if you no longer have the problem (only happened once right?) I wouldn't worry about it if everything is functioning normally. I would recommend bleeding at the slave if you have any more trouble. IMHO
Old 05-05-2006, 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

No I didn't go over 12 hg and I do have a new slave. I didn't buy a new master though and don't plan to. I'll keep ya posted.