Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

out with old in with brand new

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 01:31 AM
t-1
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default out with old in with brand new

well i had a custom centerforce clutch. 11 in clutch with the "pucked" style surface on both sides. anyhow the freeze plug in the back of the crank leaked and ruined the clutch. so now im trying the new ram twin disk. so far it looks cool. im going to give it a try and let you guys know. suppose to have light pedal feel and not be a "on or off" clutch and support 900 ft lbs of torque. wish me luck
Old 05-16-2006, 03:13 AM
t-1
11 Second Club

the clutch is in now and feels good so far. it holds well and has nice almost stock feel to it. kinda still getting use to the short throw of the pedal, but so far i like it. according to there site its the new cool thing all the kids are doing
Old 05-22-2006, 10:28 PM
t-1
11 Second Club

well seems good now. the only weird thing is that you can hear the floater plate clang if you idle with the clutch in. but it doesnt seem to be a problem. im taking the car to the dyno and probally gonna lean on it kinda hard. just one more step in the process of judging a new clutch or product. as it breaks in a little more it is more grabby off the line. ill keep updating if people care. this is the clutch http://www.ramclutches.com/Specialty...tch_system.htm

Quick Reply: out with old in with brand new