Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

O F&*K!! Need Help with clutch install

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O F&*K!! Need Help with clutch install

Ok here is the deal, installing long tubes and a spec 3. everything went great. i have headrs and plug and wires installed, and after I got the flywheel back from the machine shop, I was ready to install it all and be ready to roll. First thing I had to do was change the pilot bearing, and guess what THE ****** IS STUCK. my dad a mechanic friend that works at gm, and a another local mechanic have all tried to find ideas, but it is stuck. do you all have any ideas on what i can try. this entire process coudnt go any easier until this point. started at 6 this morning and was hoping to be done by supper but have spent the last 2 hours on the pilot bearing. the only solution we have left to do is to just chizel it until it breaks and then get all the pieces out. so if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Banned

my dad a mechanic friend that works at gm
Go punch that ****** in the face. Yes I'm in a pissed off mood today.
When I was 16 years old I was told a million ways to get one out, the grease method etc.
Nothing worked.
I grabbed a drill with a brand new 1/4" bit in it, drilled two holes accross from each other and it almost fell out on it's own.
2 hours on a pilot bearing is just plain fucked up.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

r u using a pilot bearing puller?
Old 05-17-2006, 05:15 PM
9 Second Club

Sometimes the pilot bearing puller doesn't work. But a good idea. I've had to use a drimel tool and cut on it until I was able to take a punch and break it. Then it come right out. But BE VERY CAREFUL NOT GRIND pass the bearing mess up the crank.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exclamation

where can we buy the pilot bearing puller
Old 05-18-2006, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

all finished my grandpa came over last night to see what he thought. first thing he grabbed was the chizel and went to town. less than 30 minutes later it was broke into lots of tiny pieces. after that finished install today. holy **** it sound awsome with the headers on and it shifts great. cant wait till its broke in to do some running and then put on the juice. thanks guys for the help

Quick Reply: O F&*K!! Need Help with clutch install