Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Bleeding Problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Bleeding Problem!!!!

Just did a A4 to M6 conv and when i went to bleed the clutch i cant build pressure. we tried doing this about 30 times literally. the fluid in the res would go down but not build pressure?? any ideas slave?? anyone have this problem. fast reply would be great bc i need this fixed by sunday. thanks
Old 05-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

Are you trying too build pressure and then open the bleeder?
The best way i found to bleed it is to remove the line @ the slave and take a small screwdriver and depress the end of the line. You should be able to get fluid coming out and that will bleed the line. Next rehook the line and just keep pumping the pedal until it starts to build pressure.
I have never been able to bleed it with the bleeder
Hope that helps!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Make sure the fluid is not leaking out of the slave into the bellhousing.. a bad o-ring will cause this... happend to me
Old 05-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

i will think it is leaking from the slave but iam not sure.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Launching!

If you have a leak, you'd see some drops on the ground under the bell housing and most importantly you'd see the clutch MC reservoir get lower and lower. Eventually it'll start sucking air and that will end you shifting efforts until it's repaired.

It's not necessarily a leaking slave. Make sure you properly bleed it. Several times.

Steve

Originally Posted by 1BadSS 00
i will think it is leaking from the slave but iam not sure.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Had this happen recently to me. Installed brand new slave with LS7 clutch. Busted the seals on the new slave by being too aggressive with the mityvac during the bleeding process. One way you might be able to check if it is your master cylinder or slave is to disconnect the line from the slave and see if your clutch pedal is rock hard. A hard pedal will mean the master is holding pressure and the slave is probably the leak.

Good luck. I just ended up replacing all the hydraulics and was not as aggressive with the mity vac and all ended up great.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Gravity bleed at the beginning and then depress and crack the bleeder for a split second and close it. If there is a lot of fluid from the bellhousing then the slave is leaking. Another test to do do start the car hold the clutch down and put it in gear. While sitting there if the car starts to move then most likely the slave is leaking.

Quick Reply: Clutch Bleeding Problem!!!!