Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

hydraulics issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hydraulics issue

havin some issues with my trans. my last powergrip hd went bad after about 8k miles so I put a new one in, and actually got a billet flywheel as well.

so far i have had nothin but problems... it slipped immediately after puttin it in, so I rebled it but with a mityvac. the prob went away for about 2weeks (roughly 200 miles) and then came back while i was doin some powershiftin during some datalogging.

tried rebleeding the system... i went up to 25 HG instead of 20 like i had before (one place said 20 is highest, another said 25). at 20 hg the bubbles stop after u massage the clutch etc. etc. When i did 25 hg the 2nd time around, it would go to 25 in the vac, and just continuously pulls out air bubbles (roughly 1/2" long) through the tubing the whole bloody time. let it do it for 20 mins.

seems there is somethin wrong. but i'm not sure what. i'm gonna drop the trans this weekend. i'm thinkin maybe the slave cylinder is bad. i'm going to do the drill mod as well while i'm in there, and inspect the clutch/flywheel/press plate for glazing. for 100 bucks, i might as well change the slave while im in there just in case its bad.

anyone ever seen or had similiar problems to this?

any help would be appreciated... i'm kinda lost haha. my apologies for the long post.

this is holdin up my heads/cam/nitrous install as if its slippin now, with all that done i'm gonna be fubarred!
Old 06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Launching!

so um.. no one has an idea?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

My hydraulics are messed up also, under heavy accel. the pedal will stick to the floor and it's almost impossible to shift to 2nd or 3rd. all i'm going to do is try to do the drill mod and hope for the best. that's all that i know to suggest. sorry man.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:24 AM
Launching!

You may want to consider the installation of a remote bleeder. It'll make the job easier once the new slave is installed and allow you to do it w/o the use of the Mity vac. PM if interested.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Launching!

no need for a remote bleeder... mityvac is plenty easy...
Old 06-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Teching In

I had problems of continuously pulling air with my Mighty Vac. I checked the system and found a micro-crack in my master (McLeod). I sent it back and got a new one (free and fast, thanks to t56rebuilds). The new one doesn’t pull any bubbles but I still have problems with my pedal. I think I'm going to try the drill hole in the floor to bleed at the slave... next step is possibly replacing the slave. If this goes on much longer I may design and build a mechanical system.

Quick Reply: hydraulics issue