Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new transmision installed .now clutch trouble help me

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new transmision installed .now clutch trouble help me

ok just got the new trans installed and hurst billet plus shifter and ws6 short stick also.well i was goin to pull out today from the house but when i pushed the clutch in to move from the neutral position over to go into gear i heard sum noise.let of clutch pushed it in and moved it over between 1st and 2nd and it sounds like somthing is moving in their .like a metallic sound rubbign on somthing .car still shifts good but i dont want to ruin the new trans any body have clutch that makes noise like this
Old 06-11-2006, 09:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What kind of noise? I think you hear the bronze fork pads rubbing the slider assemblys. Correct me if I am wrong that you sent it to us. If that is the case nothing to worry about. If not check the flywheel and pressure plate bolts.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 06-11-2006, 09:58 PM
FormerVendor

I am pretty sure your dad is Dennis? If that is correct call me in the morning but the noise is normal. The plastic ones you never hear but since these are bronze and the sliders are not, you will hear what sounds like a brake pad rubbing.

Amber
Old 06-11-2006, 10:14 PM
12 Second Club

ok ill check the that out tommorw im sure its somthing simply liek a loose bolt i just get nervous sometimes.but i will be the first to say you guys and girls have been a life saver to me and my ride.you have alwasy treated me well and wasnt afraid to talk to me .and i will stand behind your product 100% thanks again .and the transmission shifts perfect i love it you do amazing work ill have to add you to my christmas card list lol
Old 06-11-2006, 10:29 PM
FormerVendor

Thank you very much. I am sure it is the fork pads as just about everyone calls us about the noise. I remember telling your dad he might hear it might not. Sounds like a rubbing brake pad. Can't wait to see the christmas card

Thanks,
Amber
Old 06-11-2006, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

yes i just spoke with my father and he failed to mention that to me lol .but thats is exactly how it sounds shewww .you will enjoy the card ill make sure we get some good pics at the race track this coming week.thanks again amber

Quick Reply: new transmision installed .now clutch trouble help me