Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec stage 4 clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Spec stage 4 clutch

Just bought the stage 4 clutch from spec. Cermaic disk. I just hope it's still okay for street driving. Is there anything else I should replace like the mater/slave cly?? I have a 94 camaro z28 lt1. What's the break in miles for this clutch?? Also how do you know if the clutch is broken in --- Ready for abuse??? Does this clutch chatter really bad also? And how much miles did members get out of these stage 4 clutches?
Old 06-13-2006, 04:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Stage 4 and so far, so good. Clutch chatters a bit...and will make a strange growning noise...specially when cold. But **** hooks like crazy. While you have the trans down, yes...replace the hydraulics
Old 06-13-2006, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the Stage 3 ceramic which is probably very similar. I don't know if they make a Stage 3 ceramic anymore so it may be the same.

It chattered for me the life of the clutch, which turned out to be 18K in city driving and not a lot of abuse. Was OK for street driving but the chatter was annoying - I think if I had gears earlier it would not be as bad. It did grab like crazy during that time.

Quick Reply: Spec stage 4 clutch