Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What happened????

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 09:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened????

Driving to work this morning and I push the clutch pedal down, something pops and it falls to the floor. No pressure at all, pedal just hangs there. I have a ram clutch with all new hydralics. What happened?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like your clip holding the master rod to the clutch pedal came off. Look for a square metal clip on the floor. If that's it, you need to reattach the rod back on the pedal and put the clip back on. It can be a pita to do this so be patient and you'll get it.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

Looked under there and sure enough, thats it. Doesnt look like its going to be fun...
Old 06-15-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, the clip is a little bastard. Simple enough to operate, but it tough to get your hands up and under there. A leatherman tool (needle nose pliers) helped me get mine on.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:20 AM
12 Second Club

Little update on the clutch issue. Turns out, either by a previous owner wrecking it or something, the clutch pedal was bent to one side slightly. It happen to be enough to shove the rod on the master cylinder in at an angle which was causing it to kill the master cylinders. Bent the pedal back, installed a new ram master cylinder (which STILL has the damn bump stop in it, so it needed to be taken BACK out so that Dave could grind it out ) Car seems to run like it should now. Hopefully this one holds up

Quick Reply: What happened????