Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

sticky gears?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sticky gears?

just finished reinstallin my ram powergrip HD again. turns out i torqued the bolts wrong, so it was slippin, but by my fault. i had torqued them to 15 lb ft and then turned them 30 degrees, as my haynes manual said (itw as wrong.. it was for the 5spd manual not 6spd).

now the clutch is great, also chagned the slave and put a new to bearing in (it was about a 1/4" longer than the prior one).

now the car is very difficult to put into 1st or 6th, and i can usually powershift 1-2, but i get a quiet grind (feel it more), and CANNOT do a 2-3 shift at all. i think its a bleed issue.. what does this sound like to you all?

thanks!
Old 06-25-2006, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Definetly sounds like a bleed issue. Did you bench bleed the slave?The TO is 1/4 inch longer?
Old 06-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Launching!

yea.. i'm hopin it is. nope, did not bench bleed it. i did do the vacuum bleed though. gonna do it again, up it all the way to 25 mm HG instead of just 20

the whole assemly, slave/to bearing is about 1/4" longer than the last slave/to bearing assembly i had.

the to bearing looked funny, but was fundamentally the same. prolly not even a full 1/4" longer.. more like a 1/8"... about same width as the spacer was, hence me removing it.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Launching!

rebled it today to see if it helped (by myself), it got worse, can hardly put it into 1st, cant put it into R at all. its pushin up against the ebrake when i try to.

had a friend help me (he ran the clutch, i used the vacuum pump etc. rebled it again, up to 25 mmHG or whatever.. that helped it out a lot... but its still real stiff goin into gear, fightin, and pushin against the ebrake some (moves the car).

what is the highest amount i can go up to with the vacuum pump?

Thanx