Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T-56 problem after rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-56 problem after rebuild

I got my car back, first thing I noticed is that when I have the car on, and stopped. Im locked out of 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th gear. Reversse is a bitch to put into, it feels like the car is off and you are trying to force it in there. I can only put it into 1st and 4th gear.

I took the car back right away, the guy told me to keep it for a week and see if the tranny needs to be broken in.

It goes into gear just fine when its already going. But when I come to a complete stop I can only put it in 1st and 4th gear.

What can be the problem? I think its some ******* wire they got mixed up and now its locking me out of the gears. Kinda feels like its the skip shift kicking in. And the reverse problem.... has to be some ******* solenoid or something.

It was under warranty, but still

What do you guys think? Im hoping its something easy, and if it isnt, the guy can tear it down again and fix it. Lee Myles transmission sucks! Oh well its under warranty.

/rant
Old 06-26-2006, 04:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like they put the reverse lockout solenoid in the wrong hole where the skip shift is. Try switching the skip shift and reverse lockout. It should be just fine. If not take it back right away as there is something else wrong.

T56Rebuilds.com
Old 06-26-2006, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill try that. Im guess its very easy to do, just gotta get the car high in the air. Thanks bro

Quick Reply: T-56 problem after rebuild