Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch problems !help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problems !help!

so on my way to work the damn clutch pedal lost pressure and slammed onto the floor. i had to pull it off the floorboard. after i did that it wouldnt depress at all, its stuck at the top. this all happened while driving like a normal person... any suggestions? any ideas? soon as i get off work i am going to tow the car home and rip the damn tranny out. i didnt see any warning signs, nothing...dont know what it could be.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Regular

sounds like a problem with the slavecylinder/throw out bearing...either way your gonna have to pull the tranny .

the pedal to the floor sounds like mine...normal driving, 4-5 shift, pedal went to the floor. no feel what so ever, turns out the bleeder valve backed off and was squirting fluid out...

as far as the pedal stuck at the top...im lost. thats about the only thing that hasnt happened to me, yet. sounds almost like the TOB seized on the slave cylinder, or something got caught in the clutch...

good luck...
Old 08-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wolfy
sounds like a problem with the slavecylinder/throw out bearing...either way your gonna have to pull the tranny .

the pedal to the floor sounds like mine...normal driving, 4-5 shift, pedal went to the floor. no feel what so ever, turns out the bleeder valve backed off and was squirting fluid out...

as far as the pedal stuck at the top...im lost. thats about the only thing that hasnt happened to me, yet. sounds almost like the TOB seized on the slave cylinder, or something got caught in the clutch...

good luck...
i dont think its the TOB i just replaced 90% of my tranny few months ago. i also installed the Ls7 clutch kit. we will see once i get off work and can get the car in the air. i was able to coast into a parking lot and park it.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

check the line going to the master cylinder, my bet is it blew off. Happened to me once before. Pedal was rock hard at the top, would not move. I had to pick it up off the floor after the line blew off though.