Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Packaging of Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Packaging of Transmissions

Well we have 100's of calls each week on how to package your transmissions. Due to problems some people have been having, we decided to post this here as well as our website. We will have detailed instructions for everyone on what needs to be done that we will start sending with the labels as well as emailing them if needed. No less than 2" of cardboard on the bottom of the tub, each side of the tub and on top is required. We have started using Fedex and have been very happy with there service to date. However, it does not matter how well they treat your package if you do not package this correctly. If you are sending your transmission to us, please follow the directions we give to insure proper handling and the safety of the transmission during transit.

Thanks,
T56Rebuilds.com
Old 08-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I'll be getting a core transmission from you (and sending mine back in exchange), can I just reuse your packaging? I was wondering about this...also, is this shipped freight?
Old 08-04-2006, 09:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes just repackage it just like I send it to you. I will make sure that I put in a reuseable container. By the way, I got the part I was waiting on Friday so you should be done either monday or tuesday I know you will be glad!

Thanks,
Amber
Old 08-05-2006, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting! I figured you all just crated them up on a wooden palette.

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SWEET! I can't wait...I already installed my new clutch and flywheel yesterday, so all I'll have left to do is the trans. swap. Unfortunately, I'll be moving next week to Ohio, so I'll have to have you send it there.

Quick Reply: Packaging of Transmissions