Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

AAAGGGHHH!!! t.o. bearing not mounted on slave

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAAGGGHHH!!! t.o. bearing not mounted on slave

Finished installing new slave/master last night about 1am and went to bed. Got up this morning to clean up, and in the bottom of the box, under a cardboard tab, is a TO BEARING. I thought these were made onto the slave.

Since this is the first time I've done anything like this, I didnt look closely enough at the slave when I put it in. Now I get to pull the driveshaft/ypipe/trans again and put this thing on here.

I searched and searched before attempting this and didnt see anything about the TO Bearing coming separately, but I guess sometimes it does.

Anyway, my question is, on the old slave, there appears to be a washer over the bearing that is the contact surface. But one of those didnt come with my bearing. If this bearing is all I put on, the contact surface would be really small. I cant imagine it going on like that. I've looked at some pictures, but none of them show it close up enough to see it clearly.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

ok. found pics of how it goes on, can someone verify that this is right, though? You just push it on and turn it to lock it into place? And do I need to put grease on it, or just put it on and install it. The picture I found looks like there is grease all over it...
Old 08-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

here is the pic
Attached Thumbnails AAAGGGHHH!!! t.o. bearing not mounted on slave-01_18_2004_073.jpg  
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Supposedly you turn and lock it like you stated... I'm not positive on the grease part... I know mine didn't last very long, and I didn't even put it on. Now I need to find a place to get a TO bearing, since I already upgraded to the Ram slave cylinder. Hope you get it all figured out!

Quick Reply: AAAGGGHHH!!! t.o. bearing not mounted on slave