Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Centerforce DFX

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centerforce DFX

I dont post much on here just check out the forums mostly. Today though i installed a centerforce DFX on my 98Z. i havent seen much of any threads about this clutch so i thought id share if people are interested ill let them know how it does. So far so good right now. installed new 01+ slave cylinder and flushed hydraulic system. no drill mod. no updated master cylinder. the clutch engages at the top of the travel im not sure if this is going to cause a problem when they clutch is fully broken in or not. i assume it may. time will tell though. ill share experiences ive had with the clutch so far. Just wanted to let you all know someone out there is trying the DFX lol
Old 08-12-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

I installed my new DFX on the 4th of July weekend. After all the pain, sweat and tears trying to get the hydraulics to gain pressure again all I have to say is that the clutch is GREAT! It engages properly, I have yet to feel one slip on the plates when shifting. The only issue I had is that when it's new try not to ride it too much (i.e. going in reverse and taking off in first gear) you'll smell the freshly installed flywheel and pressure plates due to the friction. However after about 700 miles or so on it the clutch really feels broken in and I can kick the tires loose in first, second, third and sometimes fourth depending on my shift RPMs. Reader's Digest version, the DFX is working out very well. NOW WHERE'S MY NITROUS?!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Banned

it feels really tight and i like that feeling i know what you mean by kicking it loose already. thats why i upgraded the 100 shot was blowing the stocker away at the track. cant wait till i can get back out and see what i can get her to run. awesume clutch so far
Old 08-14-2006, 02:14 AM
TECH Regular

Just beware of running nitrous through the clutch too early in it's life. I know you're probably yearning for the juice already but try to grandma it around for the first 500 miles or so then start stepping on it. Get the clutch broken in before you start stressing it to it's limit.

Quick Reply: Centerforce DFX