Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ls6 Clutch-pedal/engagement

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls6 Clutch-pedal/engagement

I have an LS6 clutch kit(approx. 3,500 miles) in my 2000 Camaro SS with 02 Slave and Master w/ drill mod. I am trying to find out from others with this setup: When the clutch pedal is fully pushed to the floor, pproximately how many inches should the pedal travel from the floor before the clutch starts to engage? In other words, How many inches should the pedal travel from the floor before the clutch starts showing any sign of engagement? I don't mean FULLY engaged, but rather, when in gear and letting off the clutch, at what point does the Tach show ANY decrease in RPM? I would prefer that someone actually take the time to measure this than a rough estimate. Mine takes about 2" from the floor to begin engagement. It seems like that is too quickly but I am trying to get an idea of everyone elses... Thanks alot for any help.

Last edited by SSdonut; 08-28-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is about the same but like you asked I havent measured mine...at work now but I can when I get home. Mine was just installed last weekend and it had 6k miles on it when it was put it. It engages almost right away and is very easy to push in/out unlike my Spec Stage 3 that was trashed. BTW I also did the 02 upgrade for the slave and drill mod when the spec was installed last spring
Old 08-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Yeah, It seems like it engages too quickly... but maybe that is just how it is suppose to be. I dont know, that is what im trying to find out.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My boyfriend who delivers for FedEx asked one of his customers on his route that owns a Z06 and he said just as we describe the clutch is just how it feels for him in the vette.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Teching In

yeah, thanks for the feedback bird....

Quick Reply: Ls6 Clutch-pedal/engagement