Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Slave Engagement problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Slave Engagement problem

Hi All

So I was bleeding my clutch cylinder in a newly put together system and the slave cylinder starts bleeding out the bottom of the bellhousing, profusely. One of the guys there (at the exhaust shop where they were kind enough to let me on the hoist) said the clutch tongs were too far forward to engage the slave. I couldn't really picture it, and pulled the tranny. The tongs do seem to be on a bigger circle than the actuating part of the slave (I hadn't had this apart before). Pic attached. What do I do next?

cheers

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Clutch Slave Engagement problem-dscn0313.jpg  
Old 10-21-2006, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pressure plate looks about normal. Were the wear indicators on the pressure plate in this position out of the box? I'm not sure exactly where they sit on a new unit, but there is a GM TSB concerning the wear compensation mechanism moving during shipping and needing to be adjusted before install. Don't think that's it, but it's worth looking at.

Is this a new pressure plate and clutch disc? What type? What caused you to replace the clutch? Sure the slave isn't cracked or dammaged otherwise?

Quick Reply: Clutch Slave Engagement problem