Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Weird Clutch Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird Clutch Problem

Hey guys i have a problem..It seems that with the recent cold weather we have been having, my car has been acting up. It seems like after i start it up and drive around, the clutch pedal is really soft, and has ALOT of play in it. But once i have been driving it around and the car is warmed up and everything its fine..I was wondering if anyone ever heard about this, or has this happened to anyone before? Thanks Alot
Old 10-27-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTT..anyone???
Old 10-27-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've been having a similar problem. It started when I went to the track last month. The last run of the night (last of 3) when I got to the end of the track, my peddle was hanging like halfway down. I just pulled it back up with my foot. Since then seems to be fine, but when it's cold, it's soft, just like yours. Has anyone else experienced anything like this???
Old 10-28-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Come on guys..someone has to have some kinda idea
Old 10-28-2006, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

HAHA...hate to say this but i was having the same issue with my pedal...it would be soft and have a little play up top but afterit was driven forawile it came up and it was fine. my car just sat for 2 weeks with no activity and we went to get into it today and it wont even go into gear.
put the car up on the lift and tried to bleed the system but it didnt do anything. no fluid was coming out which we found quite strange. there were alot of small particles that came out though and the fluid was very dark. i think either the master or slave came apart somehow and messed everything up.
may or may not be your problem but just giving you a heads up cause your describing exactly what i was going through too. try to bleed your system and check the fluid....see what kind of condition the fluid is in, that should tell you alot. goodluck!