Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec clutch issue...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spec clutch issue...

Hey guys, I’ve got a Spec 2 clutch with around 4,000 miles on it and for about two days now it has started slipping bad. I just rebuilt my tranny and there wasn’t huge amount of dust in the bell housing so I didn’t bother messing with the clutch (big mistake I guess).

The clutch started to slip under moderate to high acceleration with normal clutch feel but now the engagement point is almost all the way pulled out with tons of slippage. Has this happened to anyone else? Could it be the lack of shim, or does that even matter?

I have read that there are many problems with these clutches but could it just be the bolts backing out? If it is the clutch, can I replace just the disk and does it have to be a spec disc? If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate the comments. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey check the pics out here this same thing happened to me take out there shim they sent you and put it one that is between theres and none the one they send you is .125 if i rember correctly but i would take it out now and get you another one on the way because mine was doing that same exact thing then just went all out together i adjusted it like 3 times to
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/601824-check-clutch-out-spec.html
check it out