Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

shifting trouble with centerforce DF

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow shifting trouble with centerforce DF

Hey whats up everybody, this is my first post so let me introduce myself.My names Steve, i live in Arlington TX, and i have a 99' z28. Anyway, I bought the car a few month ago with a bad slave, it had 80k on the clutch so we put in the centerforce while we had the trans out.

I never actualy tried any WOT shifts before we put in the centerforce, but ever since shifting over 4,000 rpm is hard, and anything over 5k won't go into gear untill the revs drop to around 4,250.

It comes out of gear fine and never grinds, it also works fine in everyday driving. I've replaced the master with an o'reillys brand, don't remember the name. It was bled with a mityvac, we've also bled the system several times.

I've been searching this site for answers, but I'm not yet sure what to do.

I't seems i can,

1.Put in a 01-02 gm master
2.Put in a mcload adjustable
3.Change clutches
4.Go bleed some more
5.Shim the slave (flywheel was not machined)

Also i did the drill mod, Thanks for reading my problem if you've had this happen and found a way to fix it please reply.

Last edited by cichlid43; 11-09-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Im thinking the 01-02 master is my best bet, what do yall think?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i used to have a centerforce (don't know if it was the DF or not), but i would have the same problem, i could shift from 1-2 fine, but 3-4 was impossible, it felt like i was being locked out of gear.
the problem got alittle better when i changed the transmission fluid and put a new mastercylinder in.
the problem went away completely when i changed my clutch and replaced the slave cylinder... i don't trust centerforce clutches for LS1s

try doing some searches in this forum, i know some results will come up... its not a frequently asked question, but it does come up from time to time.

i hope that this has helped some!
Old 11-09-2006, 04:50 PM
12 Second Club

Go with the new 01-02 slave cylinder! I have the DF 12" clutch in my car and i love it! I had the same problem as you when i first put my clutch in, but i didnt upgrade my slave at the same time. Finally i bought a new slave, installed it and bled it and haven't had a single problem since.

Brent

Quick Reply: shifting trouble with centerforce DF