Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LT1 Clutch install problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Clutch install problems

So I am doin a M6 swap in my 94 Z28 and have ran into a kink... I think that when I installed the clutch I didnt have my throwout bearing turned correctly and now the fork doesnt seat all the way onto it... So when I put in the slave the fork pops off.... I managed to get it to stay once in hopes that when I turned the car over it would fix itself... but it just pops back off when you depress the clutch... I think the bearing not being angled right is what is causing my problem... anybody have any insight on this topic... I just really want to know if there is a way I can fix this without taking the tranny back out... (hard to find help)

here are some pics of the fork knocked out then when I have it locked onto the bearing... even though its barely on there...

Old 11-13-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

something is not right, either your fork is bent, or your pressure plate is torqued down crooked.......
Old 11-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Teching In

I still think the bearin isnt lined up right.... you know how the spec bearings are kinda squarish?? well I think thats what turned a bit and the fork cant get on all the way...
Old 11-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

you dont have it shoved on all the way you should have about a 7/16 gap
Old 11-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Teching In

I was right on the problem... backed the tranny out quarter inch took a screw driver and turned the bearin then put the fork on... went all the way on and havent had a problem since

Quick Reply: LT1 Clutch install problems