Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just installed new clutch - bad noise with pedal to the floor.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed new clutch - bad noise with pedal to the floor.

I just installed a new clutch:

Zoom replacement with new PP
Resurfaced my stock flywheel
Put in new pilot bushing

Had some trouble getting the trans back into place but we eventually got it. Got it all put together, started it and it just makes a bad racket when the pedal is all the way pushed in. If I push it in half way, it releases so I can switch gears, but if I push it all the way in it makes a rattle/scrape kind of noise.

For a quick fix I tried shimming my slave with some washers - which did help - but it still makes the noise; just needed to drive the car back to my house. The clutch itself works great - no slip or anything. Just this damned rattle with it all the way to the floor. Has anyone had this happen and know of the cause/solution?

I just drove it again and it's more like a "knock" than a rattle. Going with engine RPM. I think it may be the fork hitting something but I'm unsure as to what's actually going on. Possibly the fork hitting the PP as it's pressed in.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might have shimmed just a little too much. since you say it sounds like a knock in sync with engine rpm you are probably pushing the figers on the pressure plate all the way into the clutch disk. Really need to pull that trans again and see what is going on.

Quick Reply: Just installed new clutch - bad noise with pedal to the floor.