Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tranny mount?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny mount?

For the past week i have been hearing a clicking coming from under my car when i let off the accelerator and coast. Then today i got on a wide open road and started to rip it and when i threw second i heard a loud noise come from the tranny and everything got real shaky. I got it home at like 10 miles an hour and whenever the car move suddenly its a horrible noise and everything vibrates, i hope its the tranny mount any suggestions?
Old 12-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get under your car and check it. It won't be painfully obvious if the tranny mount is broken since it is sandwiched in there, so you might have to drop the crossmember to be sure. Check it for tears and such.

While you are under there, check your torque arm just to make sure it doesn't have any cracks or anything in it. It is a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to check.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually i put it up on a lift and looked up and the drive shaft is slightly bent and the torque arm is crack completely
Old 12-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FormulaRamAir
actually i put it up on a lift and looked up and the drive shaft is slightly bent and the torque arm is crack completely
Well, there you have it...definitely not a cheap fix, that's for sure.