Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Doing Drill Mod! Can I use my original line???

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Doing Drill Mod! Can I use my original line???

Ok I have a '99 SS that I just installed the LS7 clutch in tonight. I replaced the slave cylinder and now I have to do the master cylinder and I am going to do the drill mod. My question is if I do the DM on the original braided hose line off my old MC is it the same as if I were to use one off a new MC or is there a difference in the lines? Reason being b/c I can buy a new MC for $30 but it does not have the line with it so I was wondering if I could just use the one off my old MC and it be just as good? Please help guys, I gotta have this thing back up and running tomorrow as it is my daily driver.

P.S. Before anyone slams me, I did do a search about this but couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 12-22-2006, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Just switch out your line or what ever, shouldnt mater... I think I found docs on install university when I did mine. Its really easy, JUST make sure you flush that line out when your done!

Install University
Old 12-22-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

I just purchased a new master and did the drill mod, and the only difference is that there appeared to be more of a restriction on the new line vs. my original 2000 line. Other than that, they were identical. I actually had to start with a small bit and work my way up on the new line.

Oh, if you have your old slave on hand, I flushed the metal shavings by hooking up the line to my old slave and adding fluid to the bleeder on the slave and allowing the fluid to flow through the line - much quicker and less messy.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok I got the clutch installed today along with the SC and MC upgrade and I did the drill mod on my original hose line. So far so good, I'll follow up on everything after the 500 mile break in.

Quick Reply: Doing Drill Mod! Can I use my original line???