Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Totally stock transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totally stock transmission problems

OK i know there is another post about this going on now but it seemed like everyone was talking about aftermarket clutches and stuff. My clutch and everything is all stock. I dont know when my fluid was changed last as for i have not had the car long or drove it that much. I am positive that the clutch has never been replaced either. Here is the problem im having. When i press down my clutch i have to really push hard to get my car into first and reverse even if i try to syncronize it by putting it into fifth then reverse etc... Where do i start?? getting fluid drained and checked?? any suggestions? Thanks guys
Old 03-16-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like either your hydraulics are weak or your pressure plate isn't releasing. Examine the hydraulic system first. Check the fluid level. There's no reason you should be low on fluid so if you are there's a leak. If so check the seal by the master cylinder where the rod that's attached to the clutch pedal enters it. Look under the car at the slit between the trans gear box and bellhousing for dripping fluid or stains. Check the condition of the clutch fluid. It should be a clear to slight off yellow color (it's just brake fluid). If it looks discolored or otherwise contaminated, flush the system with fresh fluid and bleed it. How many miles on the current clutch and how do you drive it?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not real hard on it and 60000 i have heard i should probably start by bleeding the clutch