Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

CAGS skip shift eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAGS skip shift eliminator

I recently purchased a skip shift eliminator from Ws6store.com, got the one they offer for $18. Everything I've read on these things, including their product description, says that it will *not* disable the dash light. I know I installed mine correctly and my 2nd and 3rd gear are finally free from the CAGS system, however my dash light no longer appears either. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen or if maybe I've done something incorrectly? Pretty straight forward install and I know I placed the plug in the correct solenoid. However I did at 1 time disconnect another solenoid, which I quickly plugged back in when I realized it was the wrong 1 and I also (because of the **** poor instructional drawing that came with my unit) disconnected the cable coming from the exhaust which I also plugged back in after I realized it was unnecessary. I don't really care that the light isn't coming on but I just want to make sure I didn't screw anything up. BTW driving a 99 WS6 if that helps any.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:46 AM
TECH Regular

the same thing happened to me when i first installed my resistor. however, after a while of driving i realized that i was just so used to getting around skip shift in 1st gear i had subconsciously changed the way i used the gas. once i tried to purposely make it go on i saw the light again. you gotta really take off slowly from a stop in first gear and gradually give it more gas, then the light will come on.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

yep same thing, light most likely still works, you are just not hitting the correct Parameters.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

ya the light only comes on at certain times, i dont even notice my light half the time. never really payed attation to it.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I have gotten use to driving around the skip shift as well so I don't trigger the light most of the time, its taking some getting use to driving normal again. Anyway I also forgot the engine coolant temp needs to reach a certain temp before CAGS activates as well so that likely had something to do with it. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: CAGS skip shift eliminator