Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

need clutch maybe???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need clutch maybe???

so as of recent, there are some noises coming from the clutch area. A slight chatter when i take off, some loud scraping/rubbing noises while the car is at idle, and also a slight grind when i try to put it in first sometimes. also, the pedal feels like a pile of $hit. the thing is that i dont believe the clutch has started slipping yet...but as soon as all that crap started to happen, i quit driving it and it just sits in my driveway now, so maybe if i drove it say one more day, it might completely go out on me. My fluid is full. so is that the clutch most likely...
Old 04-12-2007, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Well you might want to chang it anyway because stock clutch suck. Some chatter is normal but annoying. If you have a soft pedal and sometime grinds when you shift you probably have some air in the lines. I would try to flush the fluid out if black, and give it a good bleeding. But then again if it is scraping you might have blown all the clutch material off one side of the disk like I did and need a new one. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:49 PM
12 Second Club

thanks for the reply man. yea, my clutch has felt shitty ever since i bought the car. all my friends' clutches are all tight and stiff, mine is sloppy and loose, like an old prostitute or something.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

If the pedal has a mushy or soft feel to it you may just need to do a complete flush and bleed of the hydraulics. Check the color of the fluid in the tank, if it is dark in color than you need to replace it.

You could very well have a clutch issue though since its noisy at idle.