Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Has anyone tried this way of bleeding your clutch system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried this way of bleeding your clutch system?

I have a 96 mx6 and i bled the clutch the other day by hooking up a hose over the bleeder screw and putting the other end into a bottle of brake fluid and pumping the pedal until i got a stiff pedal. The car shifts great now and i was thinking about doing the same thing on my z28. Can this way work for the fbodies clutch system? The directions i got were from the haynes manual for the mx6 and probes.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

That doesnt sound right, you are suppsosed to close the bleeder and repump, hold, open bleeder, then close again and pepeat.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know the standard way of how to bleed a clutch system but i had to do it differently on my mx6 to get a solid clutch pedal not sure why.

You depress your pedal to the floor then open the bleeder, now slide over the rubber hose that fits over the bleeder(what ever size that will fit over snug) and put it in a half full can of brake fluid then pump the pedal multiple times and it will circulate fluid through out the system and the air bubles should come out through the rubber hose end that is in the brake fluid can. after that i had to tighten the bleeder screw, i just turned the bleeder screw by hand with the rubber line on and then tightened it down more firmly with my wrench. I was wondering if this way of bleeding is possable on the f body clutch system. It worked extremely well on my mx6 but again it is an entirely different car. Sorry if this is a stupid question I just want to know if this technique has been tried before.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

I havent seen it done before on a T56 system.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried this way of bleeding your clutch system?