Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t-56 Transmission Cooler ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-56 Transmission Cooler ?

I was wondering if anyone knows how hot the atf in my t-56 gets? I use my car for drifting and i do alot of 2nd 3rd and 4th gear revouts with engine and after a while i would think fluid would be getting pretty hot from all the abuse. I was thinking about puting a fitting on my drain plug that goes to a fluid pump to front of car to a transmission fluid cooler then back into anotehr fitting into the filler plug of transmission. i know i would have to add more fluid so my transmission wont starve while the pump is pumping fluid. im kinda curious and i may put a transmission temp sensor on the car. I searched around the forum but had no luck finding anything. I was also thinking of possibly setting up a thermostat to turn the pump on and off so i can keep it at a nice temp so the fluid dont get to cold and ruine the transmission also.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt bother with it IMO. a A4 has clutches and plates and moving parts inside it with ALOT of friction where as a m6 has gears with teeth with alot less friction. We all know the more friction you have the more heat it will create
Old 04-20-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there's a guy on here with a vette and is using a cooler. He plumed some lines and is using an electric pump
Old 04-20-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's from a little "searching"

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=cooler

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=cooler

Quick Reply: t-56 Transmission Cooler ?