Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 clutch problem. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M6 clutch problem. Please help!

So bought a 2000 camaro ss cam,exhaust tune with 20,000 miles on lil over a year ago. had a new put in. First one lasted 3-5k had a warranty and the second one also lasted 3-5k. Im not hard on the car or clutch at all. It even would slip sometimes in 3rd and 4th at 3-4 thousand rpms slightly rolling into it. the clutch when it was fresh with 500-1000 miles on it felt pretty good but just continued to get worse both times. Now i stomp on it 1st is fine 2nd usually will hold but in third and later gears it sounds like i miss a gear cuz it goes straight to rev limiter. Cold nights it does tend to hold better. Is it possible that the stock ls1 clutches just wont hold my power? Do you think i need to update my slave cylinder or what do you think my problem is? All suggestions would be helpful thanks a lot
Old 04-23-2007, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need a good clutch. The stock ones and the LS6 clutches can't hold our cars that are making good power. My LS6 clutch was alright with 373HP to the rear wheels. I put a new cam and Fast 90/90 on their and dynoed the car and the clutch was slipping bad up around 6k-6.8k. You need something like a Tex OZ700. I have one right now and it is a million times better than the LS6 clutch.