Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Final clutch question... i promise

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final clutch question... i promise

So money i tight and i dont know whether my clutch is still good but im just gonna go and get a new one anyways. All i have done to my car is intake, headers, exhaust, tune, and ls6 intake. This is all the performance i am going to have for a good while. Will i still be ok running the stock LS1 clutch? I dont go to the track or anything but i do run it hard on the streets. Where is the best place to get the stock clutch? Autozone has a complete package with flywheel, slave, etc. for like $380 but is that the same OEM factory clutch or some off brand crap? Thanks again guys.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Spend an extra $60 and get an LS7 clutch/LS2 flywheel package.

It will hold 450rwhp so you will be set for a long while.

Scoggin Dickey has them.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

+1 for the ls7/ls2 combo. It holds well to a certain point and retains that stock clutch feel.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If money is tight and you don't know if the clutch is bad why would you go through all the headache and expense of replacing it? What's it doing that you think it's bad?

Run the car at low rpm, low speed, 6th gear, full throttle up to around 50 or 60 mph. If it's not slipping don't screw with it, because it's an install that can potentially lead to spending cash on more than just the clutch.

If you decide to do it anyway, I'm running a Centerforce I which I picked up for around $300, but you'll have to have the '01+ slave for it to work. IMO you should be fine with the stock clutch, especially if you're not launching the car at the strip all the time. $380 for a PP, Flywheel, and disc is pretty cheap.