Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Please look: LT1 t56 questions reverse-skip shift sensors

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please look: LT1 t56 questions reverse-skip shift sensors

Since the day i got my 1995 formula my transmission has been faulty. When the car is off or the car is moving it shifts perfectly fine. When the car is idling in neutral it is near impossible to shift into any gear. It has tranny fluid, new clutch, supposedly brand new rebuilt, and new slave cylinder and no air in the lines.

THERE is no reverse lockout solenoid or skip shift solenoid. There are just the plugs on the transmission with nothing in them. Could that cause the hard shifts? I cant find the plugs on the car...i think it may be an A4 conversion. Anyway to tell? If you have any leads call me at 440-506-8397 names Matt.Thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sounds like your clutch is dragging. You may want to make the reverse inhibitor functional. You can power it with the brake switch( brake= power).It is easier to shift into reverse when you really don't want it than you think.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do i prevent my clutch from dragging
Old 05-19-2007, 07:45 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Hmmm sounds familiar. I had issues when I turned my flywheel on an LT1 t56. I managed to live with it by double clutching all the time ( mine was only a bitch at idle ) so I would try and put it in a gear and it wouldn't go and I would pump the clutch again and it would usually go. Sometimes it was a bastard but I managed to live with it. On the next clutch I shimmed out the flywheel and the problem went away. Better clutch too so maybe that helped too

Quick Reply: Please look: LT1 t56 questions reverse-skip shift sensors