Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

strange car trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange car trouble

I was recently driving my 2000 Z28 with minor mods at about 60 mph in cruise control. Suddenly the car took itself out of gear so I coasted to a stop, after it would not go back into gear. After stopping I noticed some strange problems. Neutral and reverse were now forward gears, neutral felt about like 3rd gear, and it did not seem like I had a first gear at all. Any ideas...
Old 06-10-2007, 05:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Broken shift rail maybe????? This one is a stumper. Just normal driving and it popped out? Could be a clutch issue but this one sounds like it will be a real mystery until you pull the transmission. I have never seen a trans that neutral and reverse were now forward gears. That is almost impossible unless you have a broken shift rail and it is getting stuck between gears when you are trying to access reverse and neutral. Might pull the consol and look at the shifter. If it looks good you are going to be stuck with having to pull the trans and have it looked at. Hope this helps you some.

Amber
Six Speeds Inc.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Teching In

my clutch is only about 8 weeks old, and when i just shift the car with the clutch in it does not feel like anything is broken
Old 06-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Teching In

any other ideas????