Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

RAM Adjustable Master Cylinder help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM Adjustable Master Cylinder help

im not terribly technical so please dont jump all over me. i did a search and this is what i got.

There seems to have been a slight problem with the LS1TECH database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

i have about 150 miles on my car since the new clutch and it seems like the catch point is much higher than it was when i left with the car. any ideas of why it would change? ive been taking my time since the new clutch was installed. any help would be appreciated. i have a hellion cam and if i only used the clutch to take off it almost stalls so i have to give it alittle gas to get it moving sometimes. where i live i face about 5-6 hills on my commute to work. if i only used the clutch to take off i would never make it to work, definatly would stall. thanks again
Old 06-14-2007, 07:56 AM
wrencher

You could have it over adjusted. The pedal should have just a tad of play in it when depressed from the rest position.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can never figure out how to "properly" adjust my RAM either. Like to get a good starting point.

This time, Im using a stock master, with the RAM adjustable rod installed...so basically a RAM. I tried to make it as close to the total lenth of the stocker just for a start. But I dont know how to tell if the adjustment is off.

J.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Teching In

im taking back to new era performance today, they installed it. i will report when i return.