Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

real quick where is the bleeder valve

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default real quick where is the bleeder valve

i know there is a thread on here but i can't find the bleeder valve to the clutch. Without doing any modifications, i was hoping to fix the sticky clutch by putting dot4 in the car. The stupid cable is about a quarter inch away from my manifolds. I am hoping the higher boiling point will help the problem, if not I'll be doing the drill mod. But anyway, can anyone tell me real fast where exactly the bleeder is, i've been looking for 15 min.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

drivers side there is a hole in the tranny that you fit a wrench on and loosen. you have to be under the car to reach it good. its connected to the throwout slave assy.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

or bell housing rather, and you dont bleed it like brakes you open it depress pedal then while depressed tighten. repeat till blead. ~Guy
Old 07-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wassup bro i jus did my bleeding use a 12mm socket 1/4 driv ratchetif u look at the bellhousiing on the drivers side u will see the steel braided line that connects to the tranny, now put ur finger on that connection and and keep goin up a few inches and u will feel a hex shaped thing thats the bleeder! oo and here is a pic to help u out man
Attached Thumbnails real quick where is the bleeder valve-fa8c_3-camaro.jpg  
Old 07-12-2007, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

That is a dirty trans! Yeah what they said, but I used a 7/16" socket 1/4" drive, with a swivel attached to the socket and about a foot of extensions. It is a PITA to get the socket on there.

Brian
Old 07-12-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

Default drill

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
That is a dirty trans! Yeah what they said, but I used a 7/16" socket 1/4" drive, with a swivel attached to the socket and about a foot of extensions. It is a PITA to get the socket on there.

Brian
Actually, its really easy if you dont mind drilling a hole in the floor of your car. I marked directly above the bleeder and drilled a large enough hole to fit a 7/16'' socket and an extension through. Now I can bleed the clutch by myself and it only takes me a couple minutes.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS

Brian

well dats not my tranny first of all!! and i only got this pic to show where the bleeder is for him, and when everybody said use a 7/16 socket well lol it took me lik 10 mins to try to put dat socket on there which it never fit on ther and on top of everything my brother kicked my *** for telling him it was a 7/16 when he was trying to put it on and i even tried an 11mm dident work either but 12mm was PERFECTO so thats all im sayin jus tryin to help u know, and always check the fluid and i pump bleed mine with out the diaphram in the resiorvoir