Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch 800rwhp turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:53 PM
8 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Default clutch 800rwhp turbo

I need a clutch and flywheel that will hold 800rwhp on turbo, the car will be street driven and down the track a lot
Old 07-23-2007, 04:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a mcleod twin disk. Hold's great!!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the tex twin. I have four things I want my perfect ideal clutch to have. One light to medium pedal pressure. Two ability to hold big power. Three quiet and four streetability, to be able to drive the car in slow and heavy traffic.

My tex twin has very good acceptable pedal pressure. Not light more firm but not heavy either. I think it will take some big power. It does have floater rattle when its pushed in. It seems loud when cold but think quiets down some when warmed up. I have loud stereo and cutout so can drown it out pretty easily. It was not very streetable for first 500 miles or so. It seems to be getting better now at 700 or so miles. Tex now has some street disc options for the twin disc. I have actually got them coming and can maybe give a report but not sure when putting them in. Possibly in next few months possibly in spring as car goes away for winter.
The street discs are carbon/kevlar full face sprung the standard tex twin discs are ceramic/metallic with one sprung and one unsprung hub style. The street discs are supposed to be quieter than the ceramic ones.

Other options would be any of the new twin designs, mcleod and ram but I have had bad luck with adjustable masters...real bad luck!
Fidanza is also making a high power street twin now for our cars. It might do the job and advertises next to no floater rattle. smooth and streetable.Good pedal pressure.

I will say that tex really outdid themselves in after the sales service and so far pretty darn happy now with them. I was swearing a lot during those first 500 break in miles though. Maybe I was too nice to the clutch. I don't think the ceramic/metallic clutches really need your normal 500 mile break in period. Maybe should have been harder on it from day one. started to be harder on it from about 400 miles out and that seems to have been what it needed.

Quick Reply: clutch 800rwhp turbo