Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

having performance shop do drill mod.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having performance shop do drill mod.

I'm don't really know much about changing out a clutch or mucking around in that area of the car. I was thinking about calling my local LS1 shop and asking if they could do the drill mod for me.

How many hours of labor should it take a skilled mechanic who's familiar with these cars to perform that mod and bleed the system/change fluid. Do they need to remove the clutch to do the drill mod / bleed + change fluids?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldnt take more than 10 minutes on top of the normal quote for removing and replacing the master cylinder.

Basically, they need to pull the master cylinder, which shouldnt be too bad for a shop that works with LS1 cars. Then just remove teh line, drill into it, put it back together, and do a bleed.

Ide guess 2 hours tops...why not just call and ask them? No doubt they are familiar with the mod.

Justin
Old 08-01-2007, 11:37 AM

Well I called the shop and they said my car ( 2002 ) already has upgraded hydrolics and does not need the drill mod.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh... seems as though they arent familiar then... The newer hydraulics still benefit from the dill mod. In fact, you cant even buy the old hydraulics anymore I dont think. Even if you order the parts for a 98 car, you get the updated parts that you would get for the 01-02 cars.

Ask them if they know how to perform the mod..if they say yes, then just tell them you want to pay them to do it...When they get it apart, they will see that you can do the drill mod to those newer hydraulics.

J.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got my done at the GM dealer! I just left the insturctions in the box and he did it for me, without even asking.