Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch hydralics... wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch hydralics... wtf?

The clutch/tranny install went WAY+++ too smoothly today, so I knew something was bound to go awry. I cannot get the clutch hydros to build ANY pressure at all. At first I was super pissed thinking it was the slave cylinder (brand new part) because it is inside the tranny and everything has to come back apart to get to it, but I popped the line out of it and there was still 0 pressure. With the line out, there should be pressure whether it is well bled or not being that there is no where for the fluid to go. So, I popped the line onto an old slave cyl to see if I could pump fluid through... beyond the initial squirt from popping the connection on, nope, nothing at all. I cracked the bleeder on the master cylinder, it won't squirt out. wtf is wrong? Pedal is connected to the master and it was working just fine last week when I was driving the car. Is it dead? Too weird.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

what master? if its the Mcloed, the rubber boot inside may have ripped. easy rebuild. take the cap off the resevoir and pump the pedal, if you see the fluid in the resevoir move or squirt up then the seal inside the master is dead.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol, seems like there are a million of these posts.

Most people have to bleed the system with a mitivac to have any success at getting a pedal.

Yes, with the line unhooked from the slave, the pedal really should be solid at the top. I dunno why or how you would've gotten air into the system though just by unhooking the slave to replace the clutch.
good luck
Old 08-15-2007, 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

Exactly, it is very weird. There is no reason why it should need the master bled. It is a 1" wilwood master.