Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Getting new clutch! Imputs on Cartek

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting new clutch! Imputs on Cartek

Hello everyone.

I will be buying a new clutch next week or so and I am almost decided to get the Cartek clutch. I also considered the Textrelia but is just too much money since I will also be replacing master and slave. My car is pretty much for street use and will be looking at 450hp-500hp by march next year. I just wanted to know if you have had any experience with this clutch as far as mileage it gave you, street reliability and track use. I have so far only heard good things but still wanted to see your imputs in this one or one good clutch that I might have overlooked.
BTW I looked at the spec's and no thank you but I have heard more than enought trouble.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:31 PM
9 Second Club

Im running the cartek clutch and its been great 1.5 60 ft's no slip with 5000 rpm drops.I make 500 rwhp and no problems,My friend is running the cartek clutch he makes 700+rwhp and has no problems loves it.Cartek clutches
Old 08-20-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by INTENESS
Im running the cartek clutch and its been great 1.5 60 ft's no slip with 5000 rpm drops.I make 500 rwhp and no problems,My friend is running the cartek clutch he makes 700+rwhp and has no problems loves it.Cartek clutches
Thank you. I am looking forward to have it, for what I have been able to find is the mid range (money wise) clutch that is really awesome both in street and track.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

frsit one i had lasted 4 years 40+ thousand miles, had tranny problems had tranny out getting rebuilt put a new one in since tranny was going ot be new, that was 2 years ago, and this one got 30+ miles on it, no problems ever with either. car makes 400+ on motor and 500+ on spray. and i race it alot
Old 08-21-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by silverZ98
frsit one i had lasted 4 years 40+ thousand miles, had tranny problems had tranny out getting rebuilt put a new one in since tranny was going ot be new, that was 2 years ago, and this one got 30+ miles on it, no problems ever with either. car makes 400+ on motor and 500+ on spray. and i race it alot

Wao I'm spechless

One question thought what flywheel are you guys running whith this clutch??
Old 08-21-2007, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

i used my stock fly wheel frist time tunred, and send i picked up a used stock fly wheel that was never turned and had it turned. no problems
Old 08-21-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Thank you guys that cleared my mind.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

You won't believe this but I sent a e-mail to Cartek.In their website the clutch kit (disc, pressure plate, new master and slave) is advertise for $859.96 they have just quoted me through e-mail for the same thing and including a flywheel of $345 a total of $1570. In other words for the package mentioned above (disc, pressure plate, new master and slave) $$365 more than advertise in the web page.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

it went up, they redesined there clutch as in improved on it. the 2 i have had is the older ones, but have friends here with new ones that work just as good if not a little better. witch i had no problems with my older ones. there worth it in my oipion or o whouldnt have ran 2 so far.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

It is not the price man is the situation. I just don't like went anyone does this kind of stuff. They should know that what they are doing is actually fraud. Anyways Ill see what I do by my calculation A textrilia is problably the same or a little less.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Cartek also, though it is not in the car yet. Im a friend of SilverZ98. You do realize that a flywheel does NOT come with the kit right? Then consider shipping for the clutch and the flywheel, which is pretty heavy combo. Not to mention that this kit does come with all new hydraulics. The price you posted is probably spot on. I'd like to see you get a Tex and all the hydralics for less.........

Just my $0.02

Jon
Old 08-23-2007, 06:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Cartek Level 8

The clutch they quoted you is the new level 8. I have one in my C5.

I have 451 rwhp and the clutch is great. It uses the stock master and slave, but needs the LS2/7 flywheel.

I have no chatter and the clutch feels like stock.

I don't think that Max has updated the web site yet. There is no need to worry about Cartek. They shoot straight (like alot of other vendors on this site).

Bob K.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

ive got a cartek clutch in my car makes 385rwhp and i dd it, holds great. i think theres more than 20,000miles on it too. i would buy another in a heart beat.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blk99camaro
I have a Cartek also, though it is not in the car yet. Im a friend of SilverZ98. You do realize that a flywheel does NOT come with the kit right? Then consider shipping for the clutch and the flywheel, which is pretty heavy combo. Not to mention that this kit does come with all new hydraulics. The price you posted is probably spot on. I'd like to see you get a Tex and all the hydralics for less.........
Just my $0.02

Jon
Did you read carefully my post?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RGKSR
The clutch they quoted you is the new level 8. I have one in my C5.

I have 451 rwhp and the clutch is great. It uses the stock master and slave, but needs the LS2/7 flywheel.

I have no chatter and the clutch feels like stock.

I don't think that Max has updated the web site yet. There is no need to worry about Cartek. They shoot straight (like alot of other vendors on this site).

Bob K.
I'm not putting in question the quality of the clucth; like I said I have only heard good things about it. Is just that the price of the "new" one is really different compared to the "old" one which I did not had in account. The tex by my calculation comes out $200 dollars less.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:52 PM
CARTEK Racing

My car and I were the beta testers on the new CARTEK Clutch design. First one to get the new design in the car, first one to see if it works or not. Talked to countless people about it.

All I have to say is, IT WORKS. I launch the car as high as the track will hold. Rev limiter is 7200 rpm and I have launched it that high. Usually leave the line in the neighborhood of 6000 to 6500 rpm with no slip. Shifts are instant, engagements and disengagements are lightning quick.

This is an in-car video of the 3rd time out with the clutch. 7000rpm shifts at WOT, no lifting what so ever. 10.46 @ 131mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XedpZ_BkG4w

The clutch works... PERIOD!

I have had all three generations of CARTEK clutches, and helped develop this with with my track testing of it. Its a phenomenal clutch. Like stock pedal, grabs like a ***** and does not let go until you tell it to. I have my clutch pedal adjusted all the way up with the CARTEK adjustable master, all I have to do is tap the clutch pedal on the shifts.

I have raced other people's cars with Spec's, Textrallia's, and Excedy's this is easily my favorite clutch of all.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:58 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by bboyxclub
It is not the price man is the situation. I just don't like went anyone does this kind of stuff. They should know that what they are doing is actually fraud. Anyways Ill see what I do by my calculation A textrilia is problably the same or a little less.
They redesigned the clutch... but the website has not been updated for a wile now because they are working on a totally new one at the moment.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:34 AM
10 Second Club

you can all so ask about the level 7 clutch and you wont need the ls7 flywheel and is a lil cheaper.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blk99camaro
I'd like to see you get a Tex and all the hydralics for less.........

Just my $0.02

Jon
Let see I just ordered the following from BYUNSpeed :
  1. 1 x Textralia™ OZ700™ Series Clutch with ~18 Pound Steel Billet "RoseLock" Flywheel & Z-Grip Disc
  2. 1 x ARP Pro Series Flywheel Bolt Kit (M11 x 1.5)
  3. 1 x GM Clutch Pilot Bearing
  4. 1 x GM Clutch Slave Cylinder
Total: $1,145.71 shipped

Throw in there a RAM Adjustable Master Cylinder for $175.95

Add it all and you get everything you need for $1321.66

That's $248.34 Difference

I'm installing mine tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes. I'll take some pictures of the install with some notes. BTW BYUNSpeed have been great to deal with on the phone and they have answered all my questions. In fact I rather talk to them personally than using the website to order. I also have followed Textralia Tech support record on various boards and they stand 100% behind their product. I was very surprised when I read this post on an aussie site. I mean what company will actually fix their competitors product for someone who is not even a customer?

Last edited by Killer_Bluebird; 08-26-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Killer_Bluebird
Let see I just ordered the following from BYUNSpeed :
  1. 1 x Textralia™ OZ700™ Series Clutch with ~18 Pound Steel Billet "RoseLock" Flywheel & Z-Grip Disc
  2. 1 x ARP Pro Series Flywheel Bolt Kit (M11 x 1.5)
  3. 1 x GM Clutch Pilot Bearing
  4. 1 x GM Clutch Slave Cylinder
Total: $1,145.71 shipped

Throw in there a RAM Adjustable Master Cylinder for $175.95

Add it all and you get everything you need for $1321.66

That's $248.34 Difference

I'm installing mine tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes. I'll take some pictures of the install with some notes. BTW BYUNSpeed have been great to deal with on the phone and they have answered all my questions. In fact I rather talk to them personally than using the website to order. I also have followed Textralia Tech support record on various boards and they stand 100% behind their product. I was very surprised when I read this post on an aussie site. I mean what company will actually fix their competitors product for someone who is not even a customer?

Both clutches are awesome. Yep the above is about how much I figure it will cost for Tex. I will really apreciate if you could keep us posted and with some picts.
By the way I thought I could prolong the clucht for another month or two and tried to clean the hydralic lines with new fluid. Still yesterday I felt my clucht so soft man; it no longer holds the high rpm shifts. I guess I will have to decided very soon and put on the table some good money; that is going to hurt. .