Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What's a good clutch for just normal driving?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a good clutch for just normal driving?

My '98 Z28 needs a new clutch. I won't be racing or anything like that so I just need a decent one that won't cost a whole lot.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

a lot of guys love the LS7 clutch and flywheel. It holds 450 ft lbs? and is very streetable. which the cheapest kit I've found for it is here.. http://www.sdparts.com/catalog/lsgen...eelClutch.aspx

or you could go with the LS6 clutches.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

personal opinion if u think youll be racing in the future or developing more power go with the LS7 everyone likes to say they "wont be racing " and wont be adding power but people do change there minds

My car is basically stock and i have the LS7 clutch and a brand new tranny i love the feel of the clutch and it to me it has a perfect release point right off the floor for about 98 miles and then to about mid range/ stock but for me if i could id keep it right off the floor i prefer it but other than that overall great clutch i cant tell u how it handles launching a car or drag racing becuz i threw a bearing in the car before i broke the clutch or tranny in so yeah but personally i recommend it and as i have noticed so do alot of other LSx owners with mild power

Last edited by 71velle; 09-08-2007 at 09:29 PM.