Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters
View Poll Results: Which of these three would you buy?
Centerforce DF
0%
Z07
100.00%
Spec Stage 3 puck style
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Need help choosing my next clutch.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing my next clutch.

Hi guys. It's been a while since i've posted on this forum. I usually don't come around unless I got a problem or am looking for something to buy. I'll start with what I got. It's a Ram Powergrip stage 2 that I bought from New era performance. About 3 weeks ago I felt my clutch start to slip and it's only been in a year and has less than 8k miles on it with no trips to the track and very few hard lauches. I emailed Ram about it and they said I needed a adjustable master cylinder and the drill mod. Wtf?! For about the past 3 or 4 days it's been really bad and I can tell it won't last much longer. This is my daily driver and I drive about 60 miles everyday Monday-Friday. I have a few choices and want to see what you guys think. I'm either going with a Centerforce DF, a Spec Stage 3, or the LS7 kit with flywheel. I know that they are not the best out there but of the three choices which is gonna be my best bet. Keep in mind that I really don't care how "streetable" the clutch is. If the pedal is pretty hard it's ok with me. I got used to the stage 2 real quick and i'm sure i'll adjust to whatever. I just want a good performance clutch that will make it at least 18-20k miles. All positive input is appriciated. Thanks.............Zac

Last edited by Zacs98Z; 09-12-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Your pretty much stock like me. After 2 SPEC clutches whcih one lasted 11k and the other 500 miles with no refund and absolutly no help from their techs, Dont use them. The LS7 clutch is what I just got and its very smooth. No chatter at all. Smooth as stock and lighter on the foot than Stock. I recommend it, Plus you cant beat the price. I recommend the Drill mod no matter what.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I was planning on doing the drill mod while I was in there. I'm leaning more toward the Z07 like you but idk. Is it a performance clutch or is it more like stock? Thanks......
Old 09-12-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

LS7, it will hold plenty of power and will last a long *** time for a daily driver. The whole clutch/flywheel assy is only $400 too.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Launching!

If your pushing less than 500hp out the crack (about 460rwhp) which im pretty confident that you are, and your hydrolics are all good, then this is the clutch for you. Im still in the break in period, but even then it feels like stock and I can Chirp 3rd with a stock engine so I think that proof of holding power.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Ok cool. Thanks guys. I was kinda leaning toward it anyways since you get a new flywheel and it's about the same price as the others. Now the only question is where should I buy it from? I know that byunspeed has them for 460 with the ARP bolts. You guys know if any other sponsor has them cheaper or is Byunspeed a good company and I should just pay the extra and go with them? Thanks....
Old 09-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Thats where I got mine.

Quick Reply: Need help choosing my next clutch.