Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need ur help on this weird vibration issue !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ur help on this weird vibration issue !!

It's an M6 96 SS. Here's the vibration issue describtion:

If the car is moving IN GEAR OR NOT and you press the clutch pedal and push the gas, you feel vibration in the shifter.

If the car is completely stopped and you press the clutch pedal and push the gas, you WON'T feel a vibration.

If the car is moving in neutral and you push the gas WITHOUT pressing the clutch pedal, there's NO vibration.

If the car is in neutral and you press the clutch and the gas, you'll feel vibration in the shifter.

Bottom line: Vibration accures ONLY when the CLUTCH pedal is PRESSED - CAR is MOVING and the GAS pedal is PRESSED (Tranny in gear or in neutral). what's up with that?

Note: I just bought the car (Project car) and was told it has a centerforce clutch and 4:10 gears.

Every comment/help will be greatly appreciated
Old 10-08-2007, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be a lot of things. Could be worn or improperly installed u-joints, could be a bent driveshaft, cound be an out of balance driveshaft, could be a bad bearing in the transmission. I think you have an LT1 and I believe they are externally balanced. External balance means any replacement flywheel must match the balance (imbalance) of the oem unit. Vibrations are tough to diagnose. That's probably why you haven't had a host of responses.

Quick Reply: Need ur help on this weird vibration issue !!