Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help me figure out what is wrong with my car v clutch hydrolics problem PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me figure out what is wrong with my car v clutch hydrolics problem PICS!

Ok I am going to show you pics and all, and I just need some advice.

The other night I was driving home from work and it was raining. I was giving it some gass having fun in the rain and spinning and everything was fine. I was cruising on the highway and went to downshift into 5th to get off the highway and the pedal stuck to the floor.

I was able to coast into a parking spot in a park and ride off the highway. I got it towed back here to my house and I want to fix it.

I filled the resevoir up with fluid, because it was empty. I then tried to pump the pedal and see if the fluid would move. The fluid didn't move and I literally must have pumped it more than 100 times and nothing happened.

I jacked the car up and I looked between the tranny and the motor and I see a darker fluid...Im assuming it's the slave cylinder

If this is the case I am going to order a spec stage 2 clutch now and a new slave cylinder. I want to get opinions from you all first!

I would think if I pumped the pedal it would cause more fluid to pump out of the slave cylinder, but it's not happening. So Im almost thinking master cylinder. The fluid by the tranny is throwing me off, it also leaked a good amount of fluid on the flat bed of the tow truck.

pics!

Old 01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea looks like the slave, its in the general area.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Yea looks like the slave, its in the general area.
Now the question is, Spec stage 3 or 4.....my car put down 400whp and 392 tq

Quick Reply: Help me figure out what is wrong with my car v clutch hydrolics problem PICS!