Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Z06 tranny question

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 tranny question

Last night I started disassembling my transmission to see why my reverse pops out of gear. I'm pretty sure it is the shift pads since they were virtually destroyed.

A little background, the only problem I've had was with my reverse popping out of gear. 74k miles on the car the rest of the problems were hydraulic related (spongy pedal) . I also figured while I have it apart, might as well upgrade some of the parts in it.

Anyway, my reverse gear and the gears under it just slid out after I removed the lock washers, is that normal. I didn't need a puller on those at all.

Tomorrow I will take the rest of the case apart to get to the rest of the gears. Just wondering if that is normal, if I'm just lucky, or if the mainshaft is worn out.

Does anyone have a good picture of the sliders, I'm just trying to tell if my reverse slider is worn. It is really hard to tell. I tried to snap a few photos of it but I can't seem to get a good angle with the teeth in focus.

Thanks
Ricky
Old 01-29-2008, 04:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reverse slides right off. Look at both side of the slider. That's the only one that uses only one side. The side used should show more wear. If you have any questions, call Amber at Six Speeds Inc.