Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

For those who have done an auto to manual swap come in.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default For those who have done an auto to manual swap come in.

When you went to cut the hole out for the master cylinder to go through, did anyone have a bolt sticking out in relatively the same spot? The threaded portion of the bolt is sticking into the cabin, and from what i can tell nothing hooks up to it. Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did one a while back. are you talking about the slave cylinder. if so the threads should go through the pedal assembly where it meets the fiewall. that plate should have 2 holes in it too mount the u bolt that comes in from the engine side.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:59 AM
TECH Resident

no he's talking about the master, the slave is between the tranny and the clutch. But I'm confused what you're asking... what do you mean nothing hooks up to those threads sticking into the cabin? looch is right that the bolt holes for the master cylinder lines up with the two bolt holes from the bracket that comes off the M6 pedal assy. In fact that's the best way to measure where to cut the hole for the master, install the M6 pedal assy and mark where those two holes are, drill the holes for the bolts, and mark that oval pattern in the middle of that bracket for the MC.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
When you went to cut the hole out for the master cylinder to go through, did anyone have a bolt sticking out in relatively the same spot? The threaded portion of the bolt is sticking into the cabin, and from what i can tell nothing hooks up to it. Any help would be appreciated
I had a stud sticking through the firewall right under the master. Nothing hooks to it. I still haven't figured out why it's there.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That stud was used for a clip that attached to the P/N lockout cable. Remove the clip, ignore th stud. It doesn't get in the way of anything.