Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need advice on clutch

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on clutch

I'm dead-locked on what clutch to get, I'll let you all know exactly what my car has/will have within a months time, and based on the power numbers point me in a good direction.

2000 SS... LTs/ORY/Borla Cat Back, Full tune, SLP lid-bellow, M/T Drag Radials, LS6 intake, p/p throttle body, AFR 205 heads, LG G5x3 114 cam, 125-150 wet shot.

Obviously, the power this is going to give me, the stock clutch ... nor the stock 10 bolt will hold for long. Ineed toreplace the clutch before anything. Ive heard the LS7/Ls2 clutch/flywheel combo is good, but wont ever be able to launch athigher RPMs . Im expecting 450-475 rwhp off the bottle,somewhere near 600 on the bottle. The LS7 is very appealing and I know it's "Suppose" tohold for the 505 whp the Z06s produce but have also read all the threads about weight difference and what not!

I DO plan on taking the car to the track every now and again (probably after I either have the 9" or have enough money for the 9") but I would rather have a comfortable clutch.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
wrencher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well IMO $$$ is the factor & the clutch is nothing to skimp on.
A twin disc set up is killer, dont know what kind of money your wanting to spend though.
A 9" rear should also be in the budget as well cause likely the 10 bolt will go boom .
Old 02-11-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear great things about the Textralia OZ700 Z-grip in terms of holding power. It feels great from my experience, but I never got a chance to really get into it. It costs major $$$ though, but if it holds like they say it does, it will be completely worth it.